Lumped open tank model with an imposed constant pressure
The OpenTank model describes the storage of fluid in liquid phase in an open tank.
Pressure and enthalpy are selected as state variables.
The assumptions for this model are:
- The model is based on dynamic mass and energy
- Constant external pressure
- The static pressure head due to the liquid level is taken into account
- Thermal energy transfer through the lateral surface is ensured by the TankWall connector. The actual heat flow is computed by the thermal energy model.
- Minimum liquid level with respect to tank height= 0
- Maximum liquid level with respect to tank height= 1
The model comprises two flow connectors and one lumped thermal port connector.
During normal operation the fluid enters the model from the InFlow connector and exits from the OutFlow connector. In case of flow reversal the fluid direction is inversed
In the General tab the following options are available:
- Medium: the user has the possibility to easily switch Medium.
- HeatTransfer: selection between the different heat transfer models available in ThermoCycle