The Pump model represents the compression of a fluid in a turbo or volumetric machine. It is a lumped model based on performance curves where pump speed is set as an input.
The assumptions for this model are:
- No dynamics ( it is considered negligible when compared to the one characterizing the heat exchanger).
- No thermal energy losses to the environment
- Isentropic efficiency based on empirical performance curve
- Mass flow rate based on empirical performance curve
In the General tab the following options are available:
- PumpType: select between different performance curves for isentropic and volumetric efficiencies.
- PumpInput: switch the input between frequency and flow fraction